Would you like to volunteer and help support carers in East Lancashire?
We currently have the following volunteer vacancies at Carers Link Lancashire:
ADMIN VOLUNTEER ROLE
Our admin volunteers give a few hours each week to help behind the scenes at Carers Link Lancashire. This means we can provide the best possible service for unpaid carers across East Lancashire.
What does the role involve?
- Working with other administrative staff
- Making and receiving phone calls
- Data entry, filing, typing and general office duties
- There may be occasions where you have the opportunity to get involved in other areas, including attending events or other activities
- To liaise with other departments/volunteers as and when necessary and provide additional admin support where appropriate
- Where applicable assist with the handling of both incoming/outgoing mail
What skills or experience are required?
- Good communicator (verbal and written)
- Good interpersonal skills and good telephone manner
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other applications
- Able and willing to work as part of a team and also be able to work independently
- Flexible, Friendly and approachable
What are the benefits of volunteering for this role?
- An understanding of how the different parts of our charity work
- An opportunity to build skills, knowledge and experience
- Become a valued and integral part of our team
- Help support unpaid carers across East Lancashire
- Regular and ongoing support from your supervisor
- Payment of all out of pocket expenses
Join our friendly team at the heart of your community.
CHARITY SHOP VOLUNTEER
Come join the team and make a real difference by volunteering in our Charity Shop. The items in our shop raise vital funds for Carers across East Lancashire which wouldn’t be possible without volunteers like you.
You’ll gain valuable skills to help develop your CV and experience. And you’ll get the chance to meet new people in your local community. You just need to be motivated, hardworking and enjoy working as part of a team.
There are many different roles within the shop you can choose from and there's also no minimum time commitment.
Typical volunteering tasks in our charity shops include:
Serving customers, taking cash and providing good all-round customer service
Sorting through donated items and pricing stock
Working on window and shop displays
Keeping the shop tidy, clean and well organised
Interacting with the general public
Are you interested in getting some experience in catering or have some spare time each week to join our friendly team? Then why not become a volunteer in our cafe?
Our cafe is based in the centre of Accrington and open to members of the public. We are looking for a friendly and practical person who could help us serve a variety of affordable food and drinks in our busy little shop; interact with our customers and ensure the cafe is kept clean. We do not have set hours for this role however we are ideally looking for someone who can offer a few hours of their time each week.
What skills do I need?
Good communication skills
To be a good listener
A willingness to undertake training in basic food hygiene and till operations.
HOME VISITING BEFRIENDING
Every Carer needs a break! Could you help by volunteering up to two hours a week of your time?
Our befriending service offers up to 2 hours per week for a regular, or occasional, sitting in arrangement with an adult over the age of 18 who has low level care needs.
Our Volunteers offer companionship with the person they sit with by taking part in activities together such as: listening to music, watching TV, playing board games, chatting, or providing refreshments. Many of our volunteers are happy to take the person out and about too for a drive maybe or to the local cafe for a cuppa and a chat.
You don't need any specific training just an empathetic and friendly ear. We will match you with a carer on a waiting list in your local in your area. We will process all the necessary paperwork including a DBS check and support you at your initial visits.
Many of our volunteers have been supporting carers for a number of years and become very good friends, even feeling like an extended part of the family.
If you are interested in supporting a carer and helping your community please get in touch for more information.
FOR AN APPLICATION FORM:
Call us 01254 387444
Emailing explaining which post(s) you are applying for
Contact us via our Facebook page through a private message